4 March, 2007
Given that it’s GDC travel season, here’s a challenge that will probably strike a chord with most people.
Your challenge: Create a game that can be played on an airplane during takeoff or landing.
Some constraints to consider after the break.
The constraints, in no particular order:
- Remember: no electronics during takeoff or landing.
- The game must last long enough that it can be played during take off or landing.
- The game should also allow for the game to end early if the plane gets in early.
- The game must allow the participant(s) to remain seated with seatbelts on and tray tables stowed.
- The game cannot disturb other passengers. (Practical restriction: no yelling.)
- The game should be able to be played with between one and three players.
- A minimum of equipment or effects should be required.
- Try to be original. We want innovation, damn it! ;)
There ya go! Let’s see what you creative people come up with. I’ll post something later this week.