5 August, 2018
Usually around March I post on by blog asking for feedback. I like to hear what people say and get some inspiration for what’s going on. I’ve done in March because the holidays are past and there’s not much to distract. An real “news” that isn’t a lingering hangover from the previous year is likely to be fresh about then.
Since I’ve been a little slack this year, I wanted to ask what people thought, and maybe get some ideas about what would be interesting to write about for the rest of the month.
Here are some topics I’ve thought about writing this month. I’ll not likely get to all of them, but it’s a list in my mind:
Stories in MMOs– Although, I could talk a bit more about this.
- Community building on the smaller scale
- How to facilitate role-playing in games – This could be pretty lengthy.
- Better social tools in MMOs
- Blends between MMOs and other games – An idea I had long ago about how to feed into an MMO with other games
- MMO mechanics that should make a comeback – Everyone loves corpse runs!
- Making more interesting MMO characters
So, time for you all to suggest something. Any of these sound particularly interesting? Or anything you want to add to the list? Let me know, I’m eager to hear.
Also, we’ll make this an open thread. I’ll try to reply to comments more over the next few days since this was kind of a short post. Let’s hear your thoughts!