1 February, 2011
In my continuing series of looking for people to fill roles…
A startup I’m helping with is looking for a programmer. You can find the full description on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1380233
Read on for a cut and paste of the job requirement.
Senior Software Engineer
Namaste Entertainment (http://www.namaste.vg/) – London, United Kingdom
The job will be remote for the first year and the candidate will be expected to relocate to London or San Francisco after that. Due to visa constraints we can only consider applicants with a US or EU passport.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or above) in CS, Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in software engineering.
- Minimum 4 years of professional C/C++ with strong object-oriented programming skills.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing medium or large software applications.
- Experience with startups and/or game development.
- Experience with any of the following: networking, artificial intelligence, metrics/data mining, scripting languages, or software tool development.
- Knowledge and passion for games, particularly traditional tabletop and MMORPGs.
(This is a full-time job with a startup. Compensation is salary + stock options.)
Namaste Entertainment is developing a new startup working on an unannounced AI-based MMO. The company is located in London and San Francisco and was founded by a group of experienced developers and entrepreneurs.
I can’t go into detail here, but this is a pretty exciting plan for an MMO company. It’s not your typical WoW clone, but rather an ambitious idea to really push MMOs forward. The company has raised a first small round of money to work on a demo/prototype. So, if you’re interested in doing something that’s not the same old stuff that has me personally excited, check out the link or send me a mail.